Information for students of Industrial Engineering (WING)
Lectures and seminars for WING
Students of Industrial Engineering can take part in every module (Bachelor and Master) offered by this Chair. They will be credited as general optional modules.
In most study programs it is necessary to take part in a lecture at the Chair of Technology Management to be able to write a thesis there. You can either take part before or while writing the thesis, sometimes even in the following semester. Please check the regulations in the “Prüfungsordnung” of your study program. If in doubt contact the “Prüfungsamt”. As some courses are only offered once a year, you should check the regulations on time.
Further information will follow soon.
Bachelor/Master theses for WING
Students of Industrial Engineering can write their Bachelor or Master thesis at the Chair of Technology Management. There is a mandatory Bachelor thesis seminar or Master thesis seminar. Please sign in for this seminar on MeinCampus.
To registrate your thesis, please fill in the according registration form for Bachelor thesis or Master thesis and bring them to our office for Professor Brem to sign it (note the opening times of our office).
Project theses for WING
We supervise project theses at the Chair of Technology Management:
If you want to write your project thesis with us, please inform yourself in advance about the research interests and publications of the chair’s employees. The topics of project theses are always closely connected to the respective research areas. Project theses are supervised individually by one chair member.
Please always contact only ONE member of our staff on the topic you are most interested in. We can make a change later after mutual agreement.
Momentarily available topics with supervisor Alexander Brem:
- Creativity workshops and creativity techniques: status quo and outlook
- Technology Entrepreneurship: success factors
- Technology transfer at universities: best and bad practices
- Overview user innovation research
- Analysis of systems for the employee suggestion scheme and idea management
Momentarily available topics with supervisor Nivedita Agarwal:
- Social Entrepreneurs as change agents – A research on Ashoka fellows.
- Corporate Social responsibility – Key challenges and benefits.
Momentarily available topics with supervisor Peter Bican:
- Trademarks and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strategic management and intellectual property.
Momentarily available topics with supervisor Christine Wimschneider:
- Frugal Innovation in the telecommunications industry – the Telecom Infra Project (TIP) [Project Thesis with potential company cooperation]; Link to StudOn: https://www.studon.fau.de/file2453822.html
Moreover you can apply with your own topic which you derived on the basis of our research areas.
Please apply with a short letter of motivation, updated CV and a course transcript from meinCampus. Send your application directly by e-mail to the chair member you are interested in writing your thesis with.
We continuously accept applications for project theses. You will individually agree on the starting and registration date with your supervisor. There are no thesis seminars as we have them for bachelor and master theses.