Innovative companies are not only threatened by price-based competitors building on innovations created and introduced by others, but repeatedly also by firms eager to innovate themselves. Under these circumstances, fostering innovation, developing advanced offerings, and preserving uniqueness becomes paramount especially for technology-oriented firms. This is not only true for developed countries, but also for emerging markets. To survive and expand in this environment, ideas, inventions, and ultimately innovations are crucial to sustain business success.At FAU’s Chair of Technology Management, within this dedicated research area, we focus on key aspects for managing ideas with an emphasis on technology-oriented companies. Focus areas are:
- "Creativity and Ideation" as well as "Charisma", their
- "Intellectual Property Rights Management", and on
- "Innovation Diffusion".
In particular, we aim to answer the following research questions:
- How can firms employ "creativity" and "charisma" to enhance their "Front-End Innovation" activities?
- How to apply "creativity workshops" and "creativity techniques" in times of "Design Thinking"?
- Which options exist to have efficient employee suggestion schemes or idea management systems?
- How can the "innovation performance" of technology-oriented firms be measured reliably? Can "innovations performance" indicators be applied throughout the research and development (R&D) process to steer firms’ innovation activities?
- What is the role of "intellectual property rights" management in firms’ overall strategies?
- How do "dominant designs" evolve, and how to measure them?
Integriertes Ideenmanagement in der Praxis - Generierung von neuen Service-, Produkt- und Geschäftsmodellinnovationen durch Kundenintegration am Beispiel von Krankenversicherungen
In: Pfannstiel, Mario A., Da-Cruz, Patrick, Rasche, Christoph (ed.): Entrepreneurship im Gesundheitswesen II: Geschäftsmodelle – Prozesse – Funktionen, Wiesbaden: Gabler, 2018, p. 237-265
, , :
Laughing Out Loud: How Humor Shapes Innovation Processes Within and Across Organizations
In: François Maon, Adam Lindgreen, Joelle Vanhamme, Rob Angell, Juliet Memery (ed.): Not All Claps and Cheers - Humor in Business and Society Relationships, New York: Taylor and Francis, 2018, p. 177-189
, , , :
Idea Management Revisited: A Review of the Literature and Guide for Implementation
In: International Journal of Innovation Studies 2 (2017), p. 144-161
Creativity and routine: conceptual considerations on managing organisational ambidexterity in entrepreneurial ventures
In: International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management 21 (2017), p. 261-273
Kreativitätstechniken im Innovationsmanagement: Ergebnisse einer quantitativen Analyse zum Einsatz in KMU
In: Zeitschrift für KMU und Entrepreneurship 65 (2017), p. 197-221